Changing institutions or programs.
If you are enrolled in a Group Plan (Classic, Quebec Classic and Family Group Plans) and you transfer from one institution to another, or change your program, you need to submit the following documentation in order to support your request for an Education Assistance Payment.
- Have the Registrar’s Office of your new institution complete the Verification of Enrolment Form , or attach documented confirmation of enrolment from the Registrar’s office that confirms your acceptance i.e. full-time, program name and program length.
- The official transcript from your prior institution confirming successful completion of the preceding academic year, or a copy of your diploma or degree from the previous program.
Requesting delayed payments.
You can request a delay of your Education Assistance Payment (EAP) to the time you expect to start the second academic year of your program.
To request a delay, complete section 4 of the VOE form and return it by August 1st or you can simply register for access to our secure Student Centre and request a delay online by clicking here.
It is important that you understand that delaying your EAP will change your year of eligibility and potentially your payment amounts. The future EAPs you may receive will be based on values associated with the new eligibility year, which may be greater or lower than the original year. Our Contact Centre can provide you with further details on the potential benefits and implications of making this change.
- If you have not received any EAPs, delays can be granted prior to your 22nd birthday. You must qualify for your first EAP in the year you turn 22.*
- If you have received an EAP but are not advancing to the next academic program year or are taking a year off, delays can be granted for one year.*
To be eligible for additional EAPs you will need to confirm your advancement to the ensuing level of your program. You may have to make up any missed credits at your own expense.*
Delays are granted for a maximum of one year. In the event of a program change, however, two delays can be obtained.*
* only applicable for group plans