QUEBEC EDUCATION SAVINGS INCENTIVE (QESI).
Up to $3,600 is available to Quebec residents through the Quebec Education Savings Incentive (QESI).
As your financial partner, we’ll help ensure you benefit from all grant programs available from the federal and provincial governments. This includes the new Quebec Education Savings Incentive (QESI), a refundable tax credit program, offered by the Government of Quebec.
The QESI will provide a grant of 10% of your annual RESP contributions -- up to $250 per year, with a lifetime maximum of $3,600 per child. To qualify for QESI grants, your child must:
- Be the designated beneficiary of an existing RESP
- Be a Quebec resident on December 31 of the taxation year
- Be under 18 years old
- Have a Social Insurance Number
Additional Quebec Education Savings Incentive (A-QESI).
Additional funds could be available to families with an annual combined income of less than $78,120. Each qualified child can carry forward $250 of unused QESI entitlement for up to three years, but only up to a maximum of $500 in a calendar year.
As your designated RESP provider, we will be able to apply for the QESI on your behalf. Simply download one of the QESI forms and send your completed application to us (detailed instructions are on the form):
QESI Form 69 if you are applying for Basic QESI only.
If you are applying for Basic and Additional QESI and
- you are the Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian and Primary Caregiver, use QESI Form 73
- you are not the Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian or the Primary Caregiver, use QESI Form 71