To help students like you achieve their goal, Knowledge First Foundation sponsors a number of Postgraduate Awards.
Criteria that the Knowledge First Foundation Board considers:
- An excellent academic record
- A record of contributions to the quality of life at the University or in the Community during his/her years as an undergraduate
- The Student must have received the full entitlement of the Knowledge First Financial Education Assistance Payments during his/her undergraduate studies
- Eligible students applying for a Postgraduate Award must be entering the first year of postgraduate studies within 3 years of completing their undergraduate studies
- There will be two categories of Awards as follows:
- Humanities and Social Sciences (including Interdisciplinary Studies, Administration and Law) (Cat 1 – HSS); and
- Natural Sciences and Engineering (including Health Sciences) (Cat 2 – NSE)
Documentation needed to submit an application for a Postgraduate Award:
All applications for a Postgraduate Award must be submitted to the Postgraduate Award Team, c/o Executive Department by June 15, and shall include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A brief letter, limited to 500 words, telling us about yourself and your plans for the future as well as indicating which category of Awards you are applying for (Cat 1 or Cat 2)
- An original transcript of marks for the first degree program
- Three letters of reference, at least one of which must come from an academic supervisor acquainted with your achievements and academic goals. All letters should come from academic or professional sources. Letters from family or friends are not recommended.
- Completed Consent and Authorization Form
Submitting an application for a Knowledge First Foundation Postgraduate Award:
The required documentation must be mailed by June 10 to:
Postgraduate Award Team
c/o Executive Department
Knowledge First Financial Inc.
50 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West, Suite 1000
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 4A5
Selection of Award Recipients:
The Knowledge First Foundation Board will carefully consider each application during its Annual Meeting held in July. Each applicant will be contacted shortly thereafter.
Read about how this year's Postgraduate Award winners are creating possibilities.