Eligible Institutions

List of recognized institutions recognized for Educational Assistance Payments

The list of institutions and programs that qualify for RESP Educational Assistance Payments is extensive, which gives you lots of options!

The list includes universities, colleges, technical institutes, religious colleges, and private post-secondary institutions registered under the Private Vocational Schools Act. Check out the Canadian government’s list of designated educational institutions or the list of certified institutions, and feel free to contact us if the name of the post-secondary institution is not included on this list. We’d be happy to further investigate for you.

Qualified programs at a recognized institutions must be:

  • Full-time or part-time
  • Minimum three consecutive weeks in duration
  • Minimum 10 hours of instruction per week