British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant
If you live in BC, the British Columbia Education Savings Grant (BCTESG) can add $1,200 to your education savings. Access this one-time grant starting on your child’s sixth birthday and you have until the day before their ninth birthday to apply.
Benefits of the BCTESG
- If you and your child live in the province of BC, your child is eligible to receive $1,200 towards their RESP. No matching contribution from you is required.
- The grant money remains in your child’s RESP, even if you move out of BC.
How to Apply
Knowledge First Financial
- Download the BCTESG application form.
- Fill out the form, ensuring all fields are complete to avoid processing delays
- NOTE: the form requires the legal custodial parent/legal guardian to provide proof of residency. Acceptable documents include:
- A valid British Columbia driver’s licence;
- A British Columbia Identification (BCID) Card with a picture;
- A British Columbia Services Card; or
- A British Columbia utilities bill (dated within the last 3 months and listing the current address of the custodial parent/legal guardian). A utilities bill can be any of: electricity, gas, phone, cable, water or garbage bills.
- Fax or mail the completed form and a copy of your proof of residency to us at:
50 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 1000
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 4A5
To find out more, or if you have questions, contact Customer Service at email@example.com