British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG)

British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant

If you live in BC, the British Columbia Education Savings Grant (BCTESG) can add $1,200 to your education savings.  Access this one-time grant starting on your child’s sixth birthday and you have until the day before their ninth birthday to apply. 

Benefits of the BCTESG

  • If you and your child live in the province of BC, your child is eligible to receive $1,200 towards their RESP.  No matching contribution from you is required.
  • The grant money remains in your child’s RESP, even if you move out of BC.

How to Apply

  1. Download the BCTESG application form.
  2. Fill out the form, ensuring all fields are complete to avoid processing delays
    • NOTE: the form requires the legal custodial parent/legal guardian to provide proof of residency. Acceptable documents include:
    • A valid British Columbia driver’s licence;
    • A British Columbia Identification (BCID) Card with a picture;
    • A British Columbia Services Card; or
    •  A British Columbia utilities bill (dated within the last 3 months and listing the current address of the custodial parent/legal guardian). A utilities bill can be any of: electricity, gas, phone, cable, water or garbage bills.
  3. Fax or mail the completed form and a copy of your proof of residency to us at:
Knowledge First Financial
50 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 1000
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 4A5
Fax: 1-800-668-5007
For detailed instructions on how to complete the form, please see our step-by-step guide 

To find out more, or if you have questions, contact Customer Service at

We’re here to help

If you have any questions about managing your RESP from Knowledge First Financial, please contact our Customer Service team.

Forms & Resources

  • Application for British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant

    Read More
  • Understanding Accumulated Grant Room

    Read More
  • Knowledge First Financial’s Grant Maximizer Tool

    Read More

Maximize Your Grants

Only an RESP is eligible to receive government grants, making it the best way to save for education. Make sure you are making the most of the grants available each year.

Learn more